I purchase all of my work clothes at Brooks Brothers (both Outlet and Mall stores) and spend a considerable amount of money on my Brooks Brothers Credit Card! My favorites are the Oxford shirts "346" and I have always been a size 2. The two most recent shirts purchased both tore in the same place within weeks of use (right side sleeve, close to cuff). I went to the Durham NC - Southpoint Mall store with my shirts and was told by a young woman (manager?) that I was purchasing the wrong size shirt and should buy another size and have the shirts tailored!!! According to her - this is why I had two new torn shirts! She also made it clear that if I had purchased these shirts at an Outlet Mall, they were of inferior quality! Wow!!! Talk about great customer service!!!! I was shocked at her absurd suggestion that I buy a shirt that is too big for me and have it tailored as well as her insinuation that I was to blame for the torn shirts (two - exact same location) - and lastly that she is affirming that Brooks Brothers sells inferior quality merchandise! I live in Charlotte, NC and my family lives in Chapel Hill, NC - so I am either shopping at Southpoint Mall in Durham - at Tanger Outlet in Mebane or at one of the upscale malls in Downtown Charlotte, NC. I don't want to believe that a store with a reputation such as Brooks Brothers treats their loyal customers as I was treated by this person at Southpoint mall and I certainly don't want to believe that Brooks Brothers is selling inferior quality clothing anywhere! ***When I found this site - I found an IDENTICAL complaint from another user....see below:
"I bought a few non-iron shirts from a BB Factory outlet in Seattle.The sleeve mysteriously ripped vertically for 2 shirts coincidentally within the same month.
I went to the Vancouver retail store to resolve the issue by exchanging it. I assumed that the brand would stand behind their product. This has never happened to any of my other collared shirts from other brands I bought at outlets or retail (DKNY, Ralph Laurent, Jones of New York) and they have outlived the BB shirts. The store looked at the tag and told me that the quality of the shirt is inferior because I bought it from an outlet store.
(Note: I didn't know there is a difference in quality and if BB made it clear to customers the difference between retail and outlet quality, then I would not have had such high expectations and perhaps not even be buying clothes there. I thought outlets sold the same brand quality but only end of the season lines so you're not getting the most current styles. I was so surprised to hear that Brooks Brothers actually produces a totally different inferior line called "346".)
Back to the store... they could not find my information in a database in Canada because they had a recent upgrade and the Seattle outlet apparently doesn't integrate with the retail stores in Canada.
So the store manager, said he couldn't do anything and they just allowed me to walk out the store with two ripped pink collared BB shirts (I was wearing one of them). Long story short, there was a very long follow up with the head office and the issue was escalated to the VP of Operations, District Manager and copied to the CEO. Finally, after 3 months, the message reached the Director of Customer Service and he contacted me and offered not only to replace the 2 shirts that ripped but added 3 more shirts for free. So essentially I received 5 shirts in exchange for the trouble I went through."
More Review Details
|Value for money|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Way the sales clerk tried to make think it was my fault
- Poor quality merchandise and demeanor of sales clerkmanager
- No resolution and no interest in retaining my business
You May Also Like
- "I bought a dress from this company and received it on Wednesday (11/5/14) as soon as I opened the package and held it up, I knew something was wrong. ..."
- "I ordered my dress and it came a few days before expected. I was super excited but when i opened the package my heart broke into pieces. The picture was..."
- "So me and my mum got sucked into Twinkledeals and each bought the same grey tunic top which looked AMAZING on the model and in the picture (which I've helpfully..."
- "I spent over $4000 on the second most expensive tempurpedic mattress in the store. When we got the mattress, we noticed it has several old, dirty stains. They mattress did..."
- "oka so i purchased a car for extreme imports and had the car for three months they called me back on the third month and told me to bring my..."
- "I brought i samsung galaxy core prime phone from 2000 Avondale dr durham nc my phone complely stop working it wont charge and i just got the phone 2 months..."
- "Oh how I wished I would have read these reviews before I purchased the wig for this SCAM of a business. I also did not get the right color of..."
- "I ordered a two products from Bonanza vendors, best price I could find. Showing in stock, I purchased and later received an email stating it was out of stock, nicely..."
- "I am very, very, very dissatisfied with Telmex. It does need a very long time before I'm getting upset. It's my personality as well I spend several years as a..."