I purchase all of my work clothes at Brooks Brothers (both Outlet and Mall stores) and spend a considerable amount of money on my Brooks Brothers Credit Card! My favorites are the Oxford shirts "346" and I have always been a size 2. The two most recent shirts purchased both tore in the same place within weeks of use (right side sleeve, close to cuff). I went to the Durham NC - Southpoint Mall store with my shirts and was told by a young woman (manager?) that I was purchasing the wrong size shirt and should buy another size and have the shirts tailored!!! According to her - this is why I had two new torn shirts! She also made it clear that if I had purchased these shirts at an Outlet Mall, they were of inferior quality! Wow!!! Talk about great customer service!!!! I was shocked at her absurd suggestion that I buy a shirt that is too big for me and have it tailored as well as her insinuation that I was to blame for the torn shirts (two - exact same location) - and lastly that she is affirming that Brooks Brothers sells inferior quality merchandise! I live in Charlotte, NC and my family lives in Chapel Hill, NC - so I am either shopping at Southpoint Mall in Durham - at Tanger Outlet in Mebane or at one of the upscale malls in Downtown Charlotte, NC. I don't want to believe that a store with a reputation such as Brooks Brothers treats their loyal customers as I was treated by this person at Southpoint mall and I certainly don't want to believe that Brooks Brothers is selling inferior quality clothing anywhere! ***When I found this site - I found an IDENTICAL complaint from another user....see below:
"I bought a few non-iron shirts from a BB Factory outlet in Seattle.The sleeve mysteriously ripped vertically for 2 shirts coincidentally within the same month.
I went to the Vancouver retail store to resolve the issue by exchanging it. I assumed that the brand would stand behind their product. This has never happened to any of my other collared shirts from other brands I bought at outlets or retail (DKNY, Ralph Laurent, Jones of New York) and they have outlived the BB shirts. The store looked at the tag and told me that the quality of the shirt is inferior because I bought it from an outlet store.
(Note: I didn't know there is a difference in quality and if BB made it clear to customers the difference between retail and outlet quality, then I would not have had such high expectations and perhaps not even be buying clothes there. I thought outlets sold the same brand quality but only end of the season lines so you're not getting the most current styles. I was so surprised to hear that Brooks Brothers actually produces a totally different inferior line called "346".)
Back to the store... they could not find my information in a database in Canada because they had a recent upgrade and the Seattle outlet apparently doesn't integrate with the retail stores in Canada.
So the store manager, said he couldn't do anything and they just allowed me to walk out the store with two ripped pink collared BB shirts (I was wearing one of them). Long story short, there was a very long follow up with the head office and the issue was escalated to the VP of Operations, District Manager and copied to the CEO. Finally, after 3 months, the message reached the Director of Customer Service and he contacted me and offered not only to replace the 2 shirts that ripped but added 3 more shirts for free. So essentially I received 5 shirts in exchange for the trouble I went through."
More Review Details
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Value for money|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Way the sales clerk tried to make think it was my fault
- Poor quality merchandise and demeanor of sales clerkmanager
- No resolution and no interest in retaining my business
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I walked in planning to sell three shirts I had never sold anything to platos closet before. so the lady very rudely explains to me it has to be in..."
- "I had posted a Louis Vuitton belt (brand new WITHOUT tags) on Tradesy. Immedietly, a woman was interested in the belt and i lowered the price for her so it'd..."
- "Same here. This company is bogus. I purchased what I thought was a wool pea coat white the picture was amazing . What I got? Was a jacket made if..."
- "I bought Rosetta Stone's Spanish download for Mac for 250 bucks. It crashed constantly, was hard to use, and they're constantly trying to get you to "upgrade" to more expensive..."
- "I was told the firat 5 times regardless of weight i would recieve $50 but after 5 hours of being there stuck 3 times and then very bruised afterwards i..."
- "Dear Lynn, RE: VIP CORPORATE FLIGHT ATTENDANT Thank you so much for your reply.Infact, before your reply, I'll must say I've already anticipated & expected that i'm will not be..."
- "I spent over $4000 on the second most expensive tempurpedic mattress in the store. When we got the mattress, we noticed it has several old, dirty stains. They mattress did..."
- "Don't buy from them !!!! Purchased from ATT phone store blue tooth headphones 14 months ago. In November went back to get headphones fixed. There is a short in the..."
- "I purchased thw complete set of weather tech mats for my 2014 Ford F250 back in March 2016. The drivers side as well as the back mats fix great. The..."